Since February of this year, this country has been dealing with COVID-19 which intensified in March, and to compound a difficult period the recent racial unrest that we are experiencing in this country has increased this stressful period. As a recent graduate nurse, how do you prioritize time, during this troublesome period? Please see suggestions below:
- Acknowledge your feelings during this time.
- If you are experiencing mental health disorders seek help.
- Talk to your support system if you need to express yourself. If you cannot identify your support system, seek help from professionals such as counselors and pastors.
- Journaling your feelings may be a good way to express yourself.
- Schedule time for self-care.
- Continue to schedule your days, so that you can complete your tasks.
- Prioritize your tasks and complete the most important ones first.
- Place study time for the NCLEX exam on your daily schedule.
- Apply to take your NCLEX exam and schedule a date for your exam.
- Study for your exam until the day before the exam.
Take the best care of yourself and remember that self-care is important.